At the beginning of 2015, the sellers contacted me at http://www.luxurybyfitzgerald.com/sell/. They were very straight forward with me: "We are not planning on selling our home but we just want to know how much our home is worth. We are curious."
After having a 15 minute phone call, the owners invited me to view their home in person. And I must admit, it really was a gorgeous house! I could see why they would not want to sell their home. But when they found out how much their home was worth and how much the value had increased over the 5 years they owned it, I was more amazed at how smart the sellers were financially, putting personal preferences aside and looking at their home from a business point of view. Here is how they viewed their home:
- The house was purchased not only as a home but an investment in their future.
- Investments are about holding and selling at the right time. Over the past 5 years, their investment had increased in value to the point that the right time had arrived.
- From an investment stand point, selling the house would bring a substantial return on their investment now more than ever.
- By selling their 2,500 sq ft home, they would clear nearly $90,000 which could be used to:
- Pay off their new car - no car payment saving $576 a month
- Pay off their credit card debt - $2-4,000 saving $100 a month
- Purchase another home with more money down which could lower their monthly mortgage amount - saving over $300 a month
- Take a sweet vacation (that was more personal than business but I loved their thinking)
- Put the remainder of the money in their savings account and an investment portfolio.
The homeowners decided to sell their home. As you can see by the pictures below, they followed my advice for staging and prepping their home for sale. They received a full price offer within 1 hour and 4 minutes of the home going on the market and within 30 days, the owners were debt free and later purchased another home that put them in a cheaper mortgage. They saved nearly a $1,000 per month. The owners thanked me: "If it wasn't for you, we would not have known we could make so much money on the sell of our humble home having owned it only 5 years."
In an ever changing real estate market, a 15 minute appointment can help you find out how much your home is worth. So what are you going to do? Read this true story of a homeowner and ignore your opportunity OR find out how much your home is worth within a 15 minute appointment?
Go here right now: http://www.luxurybyfitzgerald.com/sell/.